Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tell the Nations

Have you ever wondered if you were headed in the right direction?  If you had started on a path that really was not meant for you to go down? Or if you had taken a wrong turn on that "road less traveled?"  These were the kinds of questions that I was pondering last night regarding my writing 'career'.  And the following words were my God's response the following morning.  (His mercies are new every morning...)

Psalm 71:15-17
I will tell everyone about your righteousness.
All day long I will proclaim your saving power,
though I am not skilled with words.
I will praise your mighty deeds, O Sovereign Lord
I will tell everyone that you alone are just. (emphasis mine)
 and again in Psalm 96
Sing a new song to the Lord!
Let the whole earth sing to the Lord!
Sing to the Lord; praise his name.
Each day proclaim the good news that he saves
Publish his glorious deeds among the nations.
Tell everyone about the amazing things he does...

It was as if God was saying to me, "Sing your song, Tracey.  Tell of the new song I have put in your heart.  Proclaim the good news, but don't stop there!  Write it down!  Publish it for the nations to read.  Tell everyone about the amazing things I do and I am about to do."

My doubts were being washed away.  My fears were being drowned out.  My God was speaking, and by the grace of God, I was listening...
O nations of the world, recognize the Lord;
recognize that the Lord is glorious and strong.
Give to the Lord the glory he deserves!...

Tell all the nations, "The Lord reigns!"  (Psalm 96:7-10)
There is no doubt, God was telling me to get to work!  He does have a plan for me on this road to a writing career.  He who began this good work in me will be faithful to complete it (Philippians 1:6). Now the only question remaining is, "Will I be faithful to follow Him down the path?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...