1. Know, love and serve God as their top priority in life
2. Faith in God has the highest importance
3. Possess a 'biblical worldview' as defined below:
- Absolute moral truth exists
- Such truth is defined in the Bible
- God is the all-knowing and all-powerful creator and ruler of the universe
- Faith in Jesus Christ is the only means to salvation
- Satan is a real being
- Jesus Christ lived a sinless life on earth
- All of the principles taught in the Bible are true and accurate
5. Currently active in a vibrant community of faith, as demonstrated by a consistent engagement in worship, prayers, Bible study and spiritual accountability.
The answer: Less than 10%!!! And that was almost 3 years ago! (Barna Report, Sep 2007)
Rhetorical questions of the Day: Now, what percentage of American Christian parents do you think desire these convictions to be evident their adult children? Isn't it time to bridge the gap between our Christian parenting vision and our cultural reality?